We feel very happy to share our Industrial tour experiences. We have visited the world’s No 1 soft drink company, Hindustan COCA-COLA beverages Pvt., Ltd. It is an “MNC” company with more than 240 brands and having their presence in nearly 200 countries.
Here is the brief description about their company and plant we visited:
COCA-COLA was first introduced by John Syth Pemberion on 8th may 1886 in Georgia, Atlanta.
• We have visited one of their manufacturing unit in ATMAKUR village, Mangalagiri (Mandal) ,Guntur (Dt), A.P.
• The Guide who coordinated us during this visit was Mr. Siva Reddy , Production Manager in Quality Assurance department of that unit.
• Before taking us into the production area Mr. Siva Reddy has explained us about the company profile and other details regarding production aspects. After this session we entered production area.
• In this unit they were manufacturing popular brands like Thums Up, Coca-Cola, Sprite, Limca, Maaza and Minute maid Pulpy orange.
• This unit consists of two production lines. Each with capacity of 600 returnable glass bottles per minute. This production facility works 24 Hrs a day with 3 shifts for production & one general shift for administration staff.
• The important raw materials used for the process are sugar, Water and Some secret syrup. They purchase this raw materials from their recognized vendors only.
• This production unit supply their products in three districts Krishna , Guntur and Prakasam.
• It has more than 50 direct distributions and 250 indirect distributors.
Finally we would like to thank management of Coca-Cola company for granting us the permission to visit their plant.